Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Monthly goal for August

August marks the beginning of the end of the applique of my FlowerGarden quilt!

I have all the stems basted down. Normally I would start appliqueing all the leaves that need to be tucked under the stems before the stems are actually sewn down. 

....but I couldn't resist starting out with this big, fat, beautiful flower that will be at the top of the border...

I had pinned it all down, but with all the manipulating of the piece while it's being sewn I decided to baste it first. The pins were coming out a bit and I was being poked by pins....not fun. Totally worth the little bit of time to baste it.

This will be my first time linking up with Red Letter Quilts for One Monthly Goal. So my goal for August is to complete this final border for my FlowerGarden by Kim McLean. Here are the borders that are completed so far (with still a little tweaking to come)...

I am also linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts today for Let's Bee Social.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Thats Kaffe Fasset fabric isn't it?! Love it. WOW on your borders!! Jaw-dropping gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful fabrics and I love the flower in the zigzag, too. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! I am awed by your work and look forward to this coming together - Yay for the beginning of the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just in awe of all your applique! It's all so beautiful and inspiring. Your fabric choices are really making this quilt a knockout!

    ReplyDelete