Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Farm Girl Vintage

A while ago I was totally wanting to make the Farm Girl Vintage quilt by Lori Holt. 

On a side-note, this is one of the nicest pattern books I've seen...and spiral-bound, to boot!

Well, I had made two blocks and forgot about it. (You know how it goes, right?)

Lately, a group of friends had the idea that we'd do this quilt as a group so we would be encouraged to keep at it. The goal is to do two blocks per month.

Here are this month's blocks...

The Egg Basket Block...
It did turn out square...just doesn't look like it in the picture!

...and the Farm Fresh Flower Block...
I've been using the ballerina fabric sparingly since I am down to almost nothing....in fact, this may be the last of it.

A friend dropped by today and brought a gift for the pups....handmade puppy beds for them to take to their forever homes...
After my friend left, I came in to find three of the pups curled up on one already!

My friend makes these with 1/2 metre cuts of fabric, sewn up, and stuffed with bits of scraps from her quilting. This makes them easy to wash up, also. 

Minnie seems to like the beds so I guess I'll start saving my bits of fabric starting with the bits from my Farm Girl blocks this afternoon!
It may take a while, but what a good use for scraps that I usually toss in the trash!

I'm not up to a puppy update today. I'm still quite laid up with a back problem, so I think my day is done and it's to the couch for me!

I think it's about time that I call around looking for a chiropractor, this has gone on long enough.

I am linking up today with Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social so we can see what other's are working on today.

Have a great Summer's day!



1 comment:

  1. What a good idea to do this quilt as a group! I think it will be fun for you to focus on just two blocks a month in a relaxed way and without a lot of pressure. Oh, and I took a quick peek at your puppies in a previous post. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete