Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

There is actually another applique block and a pieced block for this month!

Here is what I have so far. There are a few more wreath blocks to do and a number of simple star blocks. They will be fillers and we have til October to get them done on time....no problem. (ahem!)
I'm loving working with with the Tula Pink fabrics on this HappyDay BOM. They are very happy and jolly.

Along with working on my Happy Day block this morning, I put some slow stitches into my first Rowdy Flat Library Quilt block...
There is still a bit of a "bubble" on the toile bit. I've done it twice and don't know how I can do it better....and there is something else I'd change up....but, I'm calling it okay! This will be a very pretty quilt!

I read Kathy's blog this morning and she is showing progress on her Life is Beautiful quilt. She's really moving right along with it, and has done some of the piecing, as well.

Her post inspired me to put my blocks up on the wall and take stock...

Not bad. I wish I as a bit further along but it's okay. This was always meant to be a go-to for when I didn't have some applique prepped, or as a take-along when needed. 

I've realised that I don't have many "finishes" this past year, but what I've always stood by is that it's the journey of my craft that appeals to me....the end product will come....one day. In Kathy's post she says, "the process of creation is just as important as the end product", so I know that she understands this also. 

On as side note, we have been enjoying our start to Tai Chi this last couple of weeks. It can be a bit overwhelming if I start to think about all the "moves" that are to come....but then I take on the same philosophy as my applique and quilting....enjoy the journey and the end result will come....one day! We just have to have trust in the process, since it seems to have worked for many others who enjoy Tai Chi.

I'll be linking up with Kathy at Kathy's Quilts to see what others are slow stitching today. 

I'm also linking for the first time with Judy over at Patchwork Times to see what is on others' design walls!

Have a wonderful day....and....

Image result for happy mothers day images 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment