Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter!

It will be a busy Easter Sunday here today.

For the first time we are hosting an Easter brunch. I'm quite looking forward to it, as it means creating a different sort of meal than usual....thank goodness for Pinterest!

There was not much time to prepare through the week as I had two custom quilts to work on. 

One went fairly quickly and was a lot of fun to work on. It's a baby quilt made by a friend of mine for her first grandchild...due in mid-April. Well, babe had other things on his mind and came early, and thankfully all was well.

The quilt feels very organic and has a lot of movement and energy...love it!

The second quilt was much different and soooo pretty, I love the fabrics! The pattern is MetroScope by Sew Kind of Wonderful...and my friend is calling it Metro Retro!

I tried to remember on this one to take pictures through the quilting process...





The pups have gotten used to their little bed in the studio and are usually keeping me company...
As for my applique....this week I can finally say that the lower border of FlowerGarden is complete! I appliqued the final couple of pieces this morning with my coffee.
Even the teeny circles that I had been dreading that represent the water in the fountain. Not perfect but not bad!

I'd better get in the kitchen and try to get started on my brunch recipes...I'm so looking forward to it, I hope everything works out. There are two recipes I haven't tried before...but my family is familiar with experiments!

Hmmm, now that the FlowerGarden border is complete I think I'll have to spend some time later preparing the next bit of applique. I think it's time I re-visit my Auntie Green's Garden. 

I am tempted to just do a bit of stitching on a couple of Life is Beautiful blocks. 

I'm inspired by Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts. She is working on her Life is Beautiful this week and has even started to assemble a few blocks. Check it out, and you will also be able to see what others are slow stitching on this Easter Sunday. It's funny, even though this weekend may be busy with family get-togethers, we still find a few minutes for our peaceful past-time! 

I'm also linking up with Cynthia over at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh,Scrap!, since my FlowerGarden is scrappy. 

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment