Friday, February 26, 2016

Something splendid!

I'm enjoying the Splendid Sampler. The fourth block was released yesterday and I had to get right at it this morning with my morning coffee. Here are my first four blocks so far...
The fourth one isn't quite done, but almost. They are all so cute!

I'm finally catching up on my Quilty365/Day in My Life since being ill last week. All the hearts are at least prepared if not sewn down...
The heart with the little Japanese girls was as close as I could get to represent going to the Mandarin on Sunday for lunch. I know, wrong country, but I love that fabric and wanted to get it in there!

I find I'm venturing into backgrounds that aren't always neutral. Hmm, that's ok!

Another splendid....our progress on our new fireplace. I have snuck in some painting here and there this week...it's coming along!
Could there be yet another "splendid"?, you ask. Why, yes, yes there is!

I received an email yesterday congratulating me for my quilt being accepted into the National Juried Show this year at Quilt Canada! What a feeling, to be recognised at what one is passionate about. How exciting!

The quilt is my Circle quilt, which you can see in the banner of this blogpost, as well as here... 


The sun is shining after a couple of rainy, grey days....makes me feel like just getting out and soaking up some Vitamin D.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment