Sunday, February 28, 2016

Circles, circles and more circles!

What a lovely Sunday morning. The sun is shining and it feels quite mild already. 

I started my day, as usual, with a bit of applique. I seem to have been stitching small circles on my FlowerGarden forever, and now that I've hung it on the design wall to take a picture I can see I have a long way to go! I don't know whether to persevere to get this border done, or pick up another project for a couple of weeks.
I also embroidered the stems on Block #4 of the Splendid Sampler this morning. I wanted to get it done so I'll be ready for the release of the next block today.


This is a pretty sweet project so far, and still not too late to join in!

We made good progress on the fireplace on Saturday. I think I just have a bit of tweaking to do with the caulking gun and a dab of paint here and there. I have a sneaky suspicion that this is going to develop into a full-on paint job of the living room. I can tell it must be getting close to Spring.....I love to paint a room and this year it will be the Dining Room and upper hallway. Nevermind watching out for robins as a sign of  Spring...just look for me at the hardware store in the paint department!!!

Of course, being Sunday, I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts to see what others are working on today. 

Kathy's post today makes me a little envious as she is showing progress on her Life is Beautiful quilt. This is also a quilt I've been working on, but I really am not ready to get to the step that she is....I'll probably wait 'til at least this Fall. I do think I'll prep a block so I can take it to Guild this week for some take-along stitching.

Have a beautiful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment