Sunday, January 24, 2016

A frosty Sunday!

What a pretty morning. Everything outside is covered in frost and it feels a bit warmer. It's hard to believe that in our area, at the end of January, we have only had one day that we've had to actually clear snow from the driveway. I'm okay with that!

It feels like the kind of day that I wish I could just stay curled up in my special chair and work away at my applique....but that's not going to happen. I was able to catch up on my Day in My Life/Quilty 365....

As you can maybe tell, I am still giving "back-basting" a try since my blogpost a couple of days ago explaining that I was attempting it for the first time. I'm still quite happy with the results.

Also, as you can see by the new "button" off to the side of the screen, I am starting yet another project... My Small World by Jen Kingwell. It looks like quite an intricate project! 

The house once again feels like chaos. We keep saying "no more renovating"...but here we go again! Actually, it's not so much of a reno as it is a project. It should also go fairly quickly....it just feels like a bit of a mess at the moment. We have decided to take this year's holiday funds and put it into having a gas fireplace, yay!

Here's how it looks so far....
The "guy" comes on Wednesday to do the installation, so we've had to hurry on getting things set up. Not a bad start after one day! The only down-side is that while I have my applique time in the morning I can just listen to the tv and not properly see it. That's ok, it's just for a week, maybe.

I hope to spend an hour this afternoon on the signature quilt from our wedding. There is now a deadline to get it done. I'll just have to go out and get some nice border fabric. My first thoughts, since the blocks are all Kaffe Fassett fabrics was to do a narrow solid border and a wild Fassett outer border. But now I'm thinking of doing a similar border treatment as the quilt in the banner of this blog. Any thoughts would be greatly welcomed and appreciated! 

Here it is so far....

Actually, the first three rows of blocks have been sewn since this photo. I also have some blocks that weren't signed and am still thinking to add them to make another row. We'll see!

Today is the day to visit with Kathy's Quilts to see what others are working on for Slow Sunday Stitching. Also, a head's-up that Kathy herself will be teaching at Quilt Canada in Toronto this June! Way to go, Kathy!!!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment