Friday, October 16, 2015

Everyone loves a mystery....

Everyone loves a mystery! Well, almost everyone.

I'm referring to mystery quilts. I have taken part in many and have had a good time. Some in a workshop format and others online.

I do know there are many of you that don't like a mystery....that giving up on knowledge of what the outcome of the project will be.....and that's ok!

Many of my mystery quilts have been thanks to Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. Her mysteries always begin at the American Thanksgiving (so around the third week in November) and continue with weekly clues til the end of the year. So, soon she should be revealing the colours and approximate yardage needed this year.

Her quilts are quite awesome, but, be forewarned, they involve a lot of piecing in each segment. On the other hand, the instructions are very well-written and the quilts go together beautifully!

Here is mine from last year.....

No borders yet :(

I have to admit, it is hard for me to keep up sometimes since this always happens at my busiest time of year, what with customer quilts needing done for Christmas and Christmas itself.

This week I told myself that I will not start the next mystery unless I get this last one done. Well, that's not going to happen in time, I just know it!

In the midst of thinking this over, don't I see a post about another mystery starting soon! This one seems more achievable....maybe!

Check out this blogpost by Temecula Quilt Company HERE. It seems she does a mini mystery over the first twelve days of December. I'm in!!! All of a sudden I feel better about letting myself off the hook for the Quiltville mystery! (Famous last words!)

I hope others will try this little mystery with me. Although, a word of warning, by the sounds of it these will be teeny blocks, which definitely does not mean easier!

I'm looking forward to the weekend.....I have been invited to teach an applique class to a group of women who are on their regular cottage retreat. Fun! The only glitch at this point is the possibility of snow!!! What the heck????? I sure hope this cottage is heated! lol

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment