Sunday, August 2, 2015

Lazy, hazy, crazy days of Summer

What a beautiful summer!.....and a lovely weekend, to boot! Nice and warm, hardly any humidity....perfect!

Yesterday we decided to take advantage of the summer weather and head out for a drive. We had received a nice gift card to a restaurant in Stratford called Bentley's. I think it was meant that we could use this on our mini-honeymoon in the Fall when we go to Stratford, but we couldn't resist the urge to go somewhere on this beautiful weekend.

We had a great lunch and for an appetizer I tried something that I had heard about but never even seen on a menu before...a Scotch Egg! It was served with a peach chutney and was delicious. Here's what it looked like....

Hmmm.....I think it tasted better than how it looks in the picture! lol

Today we just had a little outing to Port Dover for one of the best Chai Tea Latte's around then on to see Lana at Quilt Junction. As we stood there, we commented on the beauty of her spot in Waterford and how it was a little like standing by the river in Stratford the day before. So nice.

We bought some pretty fabric....

.....to use in a quilt someone has asked me to make. Now, I rarely do quilts on commission and I've never done one like this. It's similar to a t-shirt quilt. Hard to believe that in 35 years as a quilter I haven't attempted this before. This one is at the request of my new relatives from Scotland. They have sent over many, many baby girl outfits and they would like them made into a quilt for the little girl's first big-girl bed.

I had to give it a try on a few blocks this afternoon......

This is going to be so pretty!!!!!

Of course, I started the day with some Slow Sunday Stitching. I worked a bit more on the vines in my Auntie Green's Garden and finished block #22 of my Flower Garden. Only 2 more blocks to go, then I get to start the awesome border!

I really like how this block turned out.....

Take a look at Kathy's blog at Kathy's Quilts to see what others are hand-stitching this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment