Sunday, July 19, 2015

...and now we can relax.....

What a feeling! After months of planning for the wedding and three weeks of houseguests we can sit back and relax. For all that everything went off without a hitch and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, it feels good to start our new life together with normal activities and thoughts.

So many people helped make this last month perfect, we feel truly blessed in our friends and family.

We had a lot of fun with Tony and Izzy from Scotland the last couple of weeks. They had an event-filled holiday here. The best for me was seeing their utter shock in how close they were to Niagara Falls....from pictures they had seen, they thought they would be looking at it from afar. I've learned not to take my surroundings here in Southern Ontario for granted....I felt like a tourist myself as we visited many spots in the last two weeks.

Somehow we made time for Izzy to play on the longarm. She was a natural! Here are Tony and Izzy holding up the quilt she worked on and now has taken back to Scotland with them....

Poor Cooper is out of sorts with all the houseguests gone home....

We have errands to do today, but I'd much rather prepare the next section of Auntie Green's Garden....this morning I appliqued the last wee circles on this part.....

....so it looks like this now.....

I'm still not happy with many of the circles in this last bit (I'm blaming the meds!) but, except for replacing one flower, I'm calling it good enough!

Try to visit Kathy at Kathy's Quilts to see what other people are stitching on today!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment